 |
| This was taken in the fall of 2006 (Ick) |
It's been 5 years since I first found out I had Cushings. It started with my annual trip to my OB/gyn. I told my gyno that I'd been having symptoms that I'd never experienced previously with having PCOS & Endometriosis. He thought it might be a good idea to see an endocrinologist. So I made an appt & saw a local endo 2 months later (in Jan 2007). I was asked to do many blood tests. I had no idea what they all were or what the endo was looking for. When I had my follow up appt, the doctor seemed surprised at the results. I asked the endo what she thought & she told me she didn't know. She asked me to retest again & see what happens. Worried, I asked her for a copy of the tests. I went home & looked up the results. Sure enough, it all pointed to Cushings. So I retook the tests & went back to the endo. She told me she believed I had Cushings.
 |
| Taken recently April 2012 |
I was in denial & she still was still confused because my levels didn't make sense to her. My cortisol levels were normal, but my ACTH levels were high. My urine tests were high but my salivaries were normal. I continued testing every month. Finally endo told me to see a neurosurgeon to get an IPSS done. I did just that. Unfortunately the neurosurgeon told me the results of my IPSS were inconclusive. So after spending a year w/o moving forward, I went out west to find a real Cushings Specialist. I decided to go to Seattle to go through Cushie Camp. I went at just the right time because all the testing came up high. Because of family obligations I had to wait on surgery but in June of 2008 I had pit surgery & the rest is history!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment