Sunday, April 1, 2012

DAY 1: I write about my health because…

I blog about my journey with Cushings because I want my family, friends & all those diagnosed or waiting to be diagnosed with Cushings to see it is possible to move past Cushings & it's symptoms. It's such a lonely & stressful place to be in when you are going through it.  Not many people understand, even the doctors.  It seems so easy for docs to blame it on something else.  Not eating right, not working out enough, too depressed, etc etc.  Many relationships are challenged during this time.  It's unfortunately one of those illnesses that's hard to understand unless you've been through it.  But it is possible for people to try to understand and have some empathy and sympathy.  Not easy sometimes, but possible.  I do this for my kids tho.  They are what strive me to get healthy and to teach them as well as others about this awful disease.

Everyone who happens to be on this journey takes a different path.  I don't think I know one cushie that had the exact same symptoms, test results or even surgery outcomes.  Everyone is just a little different.  That's one of the reasons that makes this disease so hard to test for and fix.  But that's why I like to share my story, my moving on past Cushings, and what I've been through to get to this point.

1 comment:

Gracie said...

Kay, you look great! I'm glad you are still in remission and doing so well!