January was a sobering month. Dealing with the loss of my mother-in-law was a lot harder since I had to help my children through it as well. I couldn't mourn aloud, I kept it in. My son started not doing so great in school and my daughter developed a coughing tic. My husband was dealing with getting his mom's estate organized so I couldn't share my overemotional thoughts with him either. So there were days while my kids were in school and my husband at work that I'd just sit and cry. It's only my MIL too!? What happens when it's my own mother?! So you see where those thoughts went...
February was my 39th birthday. I celebrated it for all it was worth. I was alive, my kids and husband were healthy! I know my MIL would want us all to be happy and I was able to deal with things a little better. Going to her house for the first time after her passing was unbelievably hard. But every weekend after that it got easier. We worked on her house so we could sell it. She would be so proud to see what her sons and the rest of us have done.
March was my kids 10th birthday. OMG I just can't believe they are double digits! It was hard for my kids to celebrate their birthday this year without grandma. I put pictures up of her at previous birthdays to show them that she was still here watching over us. We had all the family over and my mom was here, so it helped. But not getting that cake that was half chocolate half vanilla that both my kids would love was hard. I considered making it, but I'm not her. We started new traditions and I think they had a good time. Every once in awhile tho, just out of no where, they would say "I miss grandma." We'd all talk about her and cry and then move on. Fourth grade is almost over and then on to their last year of elementary
school. I think I will cry then, just like I did on their first day of
Kindergarten.
But now Sunday is the start of April. Cushings Awareness Month. I am going to concentrate on that and post every day with something having to do with Cushings. I am a little upset at the moment that the infamous Dr. L left his office in Seattle and now there's a new doc. The people that have seen this new doc already, give not so raving reviews. So I don't think I will be going back out there. That means I have finally have to find a new endocrinologist (nearby or not, time will tell). If I don't find one by November, I will no longer get my Genotropin (aka GH). THAT would be awful. I can't live half as nice as I do without that stupid little shot. The only perk to all this is that the hospital in Seattle that I went to, gave me back ALL my money that I spent on Medem's and MedFusions! They said it wasn't their policy to charge people for phone calls and emails! That was $500 back in my pocket!! My husband says he knew something was shady about it, but I wouldn't have cared how much I had to pay. To get great treatment for Cushings is worth a lot. Dr. L saved my life. But it is nice to have good treatment and my money back. Just sad it came down to losing a great doc.
1 comment:
Looking forward to reading your Cushing's Awareness Challenge posts. Good luck with this project!
Post a Comment