So I got back from Seattle on the 1st of Dec, but I just got my results from the testing there yesterday. I'm happy to report I'm still adrenally insufficient! Dr. L tests TSH, but us cushies know that that is useless after pit surgery, so I won't even add that one, but he thinks it's normal and frankly so do I. Here's my other labs:Baseline Cortisol: .3
ACTH: 34
CST results: 1.8 (Dr. L likes to see anywhere from 16-18 here before weaning down & off hydro. So obviously that won't happen soon.)
IGF-1: 105 (I'm above 100 Yay! He wants me to go to .6mg instead of the .4 I'm taking, but I just can't due to pains and the carpal tunnel. It's ok on this dose, I'm not going to push it.)
So I am staying on 20mg of hydro, 137.5mcg of levo, .4 of Genotropin, and of course the patch for estrogen which he doesn't test for. I'll do a Medfusion in 6 months to check levels again.
I also had an MRI while I was there. This is only my 2nd one since surgery. Dr. L told me there was scar tissue, but that it was "unchanged" from the last MRI. So that's good! It was a good trip for the most part and I even took the train, to the monorail to the airport and back. I took a shuttle to and from the airport to the hospital. My husband stayed home and watched the kiddos for me.
My only problem while I was there, was having the IV put in my arm first thing in the morning. The new guy that did it, sucked. He could not find a vein well enough (tho they were there, I could see them) and he decided to put the IV in my forearm. OUCH! He couldn't get the needle to stay so he held onto it. DOUBLE OUCH! He did my blood tests and then asked if I wanted it out instead of saving it for the MRI to use. I said yes, take it out! He put gauze over it, then wrapped it up. My whole arm was sore. But I took my hydro, went and had breakfast, and then went to my appt with Dr. L. While I was waiting for Dr. L, I unwrapped my arm and took off the gauze. It was hurting and I think the wrapping was too tight! Well when I looked at my arm, the vein itself was all raised up like it was swollen! It hurt! I showed Dr. L's assistants and they said it was normal and that they bruised the vein. They said if I was concerned to go back to the AIC (where I got it done originally). I did and they gave me a heat pack for it. Thankfully it felt better after that. I ended up having another IV put in my left arm for the dynamic MRI, but that one was no problem. I probably needed to drink more water for the first one, but still!! I did worry that it may have altered my results. Especially the baseline cortisol, as it hurt just getting it to go in!! Once it was in, it was fine. Now I just have a big bruise. The other arm you'd never notice was even done. No bruise or anything. Ah well, it's done and I'm at home!Now just to finish getting ready for Christmas!! =) Happy Holidays Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment