I still can't believe it's been 2 yrs. I was in surgery at this point 2 yrs ago, getting my poor little pit messed with. But thank God for Dr. M and his surgical team. It took two surgeries, but two must be the lucky number. I'm praying it is anyway.
Let me back track and tell you my symptoms then and how they are different now...
Then: oily hair, oily skin, cystic acne all over my body, fatigue, anxiety, panic attacks, plantar fasciitis on both heels but worse on my right, moon face, sporadic weight gain & weight loss, unbelievably hairy legs (like more than the normal amount of hair that should be on a woman!), hard time falling asleep, becoming a light sleeper, no dreams, hardly peed at all which later I found out was because of edema, and constant headaches. And those are just the ones I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there's more.
Now: I can go without washing my hair for 3 days and it still looks "clean". I have no more acne at all. Now I have the fatigue at the right times - I can get up bright and early in the morning and feel exhausted by 10pm at night. I sleep all night and am back to being a deep sleeper and I have some great dreams! No more anxiety or panic attacks. My heels were better the minute I stepped off the bed in the hospital. I'm not sure if this is because of the Cushings or loss of the other hormones, but I don't have as much hair on my legs and can go a week and a half before it's truly obvious that I have to shave! I am now peeing more consistently and I find when I'm feeling AI'ish in the evening, I actually crave water to drink more which in turn makes me have to get up and pee at night! So no more edema! The headaches are basically gone too except for when I feel AI'ish. And the biggy of all of them.....to date I have lost just over 60 lbs. From a starting weight of 220, all the way down to 158. I have lost countless inches too. The moon face is gone and I can see bones on me that I never knew I had! I'm lovin' it!!! I'm looking for the right pictures to show you to compare then and now, so check back soon!!
The only downsides from all of this is the hormones. Or lack thereof. Having had the hysterectomy because of the issues with the female hormones and possibly GH. Which so far has been the best thing I've done, but I'm still trying to work out all the issues with how estrogen and cortisol work together. I just had hand surgery (and my cast is off yay!!) 2 weeks ago because of a problem again possibly caused by GH. So other than my hydro and thyroid meds, the rest of my meds are still all over the place. Trying to find the right dose is hard, cuz I have to find which of the doses goes best with my other meds. It's not really a big deal, but it can make me feel kinda icky or just blah. I definitely don't have the muscles I used to have. They have all gone away. I've just recently been doing more exercises to try to bring them back. But I see it will take awhile.
But all in all, it's all good and I couldn't feel better. I'm grateful to my family and friends who have supported me through this journey so far. Thank you!! And to my surgery buddies, I hope you are well too!! I'm thinkin' of ya!!!
1 comment:
Time flies!!! I'm glad things are going good for you.
Post a Comment