Thursday, May 27, 2010

Six and seven days left...

Six days til I get my stupid soft cast off and seven days til my official 2 yr postop anniversary!

I'm doing good with my cast on, but it's driving me nuts. I get aches and pains, itches and swelling. I just want to rip this thing off already!! But less than a week now and I'll get it off. I cannot WAIT!! I've needed strong pain pills, but not so strong that it wipes me out. I've been talking HALF of my pain pills that my doc prescribed. I take that only at night just to help me sleep. The rest of time I take Advil just to help with any swelling.

I did go to my parents this last weekend and it was an awesome trip. Again the only part that sucked was getting too the plane I had to go through extra security. Now I'm all for helping them know that it's just a simple cast, but do they have to be rude about it?! Going out was nice oddly enough (flew out of Philly) it was coming home that they were rude all around! (flew home out of O'Hare.) But I did it and didn't have too much trouble while I was there. I slept like a baby and it was weird being there w/o my kiddos!! We plan on going back there this summer tho.

I still can't believe I've made it 2 yrs in remission. I praise God every day for getting me this far. I can only hope to keep going. I have my 6 month labs coming up, so we'll know more then. I hate this testing tho, it always puts me into worry mode. I know I just have to do it and get it over with tho. But TWO. What a nice number. But let's go for 3 shall we?! :D

No comments: