Friday, March 12, 2010

Last of my hysterectomy postop posts! (7 wks!)

I was going to post my 6wk postop msg last week, but I knew my gyno appt was today. So I waited. Then I'll make this my last one about the hysterectomy and concentrate on my life in general and dealing with the aftermath of the Cushings.

I went in for my appointment and I knew I was getting an internal today. I hate even thinking about it, cuz it's so uncomfortable & knew it would hurt. I was pleasantly surprised when it didn't hurt! It was still uncomfortable don't get me wrong! But he said everything was good and healing well and the rest of my restrictions are lifted! I'm so happy!!! So back to really exercising and getting back in shape for summer! And my hubby will be most appreciated of the other restrictions that were lifted!! :D

I'm feeling good tho overall! Still having some gas issues here and there when I eat or drink too fast or when I eat something that is in itself gassy. Hopefully that will continue to work itself out. I have also had some slight cramping and doc says that's still all the healing going on inside. But nothing that will slow me down thankfully!! No med adjustments needed as everything is as it should be and no extra symptoms thankfully!!

I forgot to ask him at my last appt, but remembered this time to ask about the endometriosis. I had it since I was 16 and had to have my first laproscopic surgery to remove it. We even thought the cyst on my ovary this time was due to an endometrioma. It wasn't, but he did say there was some endometriosis on my uterus. He said it was rather a small amount too. I was so happy. I know that I will fight that still, as endometriosis lives off of any estrogen the body makes, so as long as I'm on HRT, the endo will live. But unfortunately, I cannot live with the menopause symptoms. I guess if I had to because of cancer I would, but it would be hard. Those hot flashes & night sweats are EVIL. I'm on the lowest dose of HRT on a patch and I feel fine on it. So for now it's ok.

As far as the rest of me, I'm doing good! My mom is coming into town again and I'm really looking forward to seeing her again. It seems like no time passes when she's here, but I really missed her after this surgery. This was probably one of the only surgeries she has not been there with me. I know it was hard on her and wanted to be here for my hysterectomy. But it all worked out and now she gets to come and enjoy being with the new uterus-less me and my children (who next week will be EIGHT years old!! OMG!!).

So bring on the Spring - I'm ready!!! :)

No comments: