
Can't believe they are 8. And I swear for my daughter it's 8 going on 12 and for my son it's 8 going on 5. I can definitely see a difference now. But here comes those hormones. It's one thing to deal with them with me, but another to deal with them with my daughter. I know this is just the start of things too, but I will keep my eye on them and jot everything down to see if I pick up any cushie symptoms. I pray not tho.
The kids had a good party tho. It was a roller skating party. They just learned to roller skate last summer and we just found this roller rink when Em went there for Brownies in the fall of last year. Coincidences...I don't know. But they had so much fun and it was so inexpensive compared to all the other "party" places. All I had to do was bring the cake and do the invites. They got to skate for 2 hrs as well as have pizza or a hot dog and soda/water. I loved skating as a kid, so I got out there too. I had as much of a blast as the kids did and even was racing them and their friends. I was worried about being worn out the next day, but thankfully I wasn't!! Such great exercise, I wish there was a rink closer!!The kids didn't get to have a big family party, it was just me, hubby and my mom this year. My nephew has his baptism the same weekend and all the family went to that. But the kids did make out pretty well. Got a bunch of DS games and the one big gift from hubby & myself was a Hamster. Happy the Hamster. He's cute, but doesn't seem to like people yet. He's only 3 months old. Overall a very good birthday for the kids I think!!
Oh I forgot, Friday night, Emily had her father-daughter dance with her brownie troop. Hubby spoiled her and 2 of her friends by getting a limo for them all to take. So we got them all dressed up and off they went. Talk about a fun time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment