
This has been a busy, busy weekend! On the spur of the moment, hubby decided to surprise the kids and take them to Hershey Park. Except they had to figure out where we were going w/o us telling them. And we made a stop at the Lititz Pretzel Factory too, where the first hard pretzels were made. That was cool and the pretzels were awesome!
Then we took off to Hershey. Kids still had no idea. They knew we were in PA, but had no idea where we were going. Finally quite a few miles outside of Hershey, the kids saw a sign on the road that had a few towns and how many miles away they were and then Hershey at the bottom
that said 10 miles. My son saw it first and looked of at his sister and screamed "we're going to Hershey Park!!!!" They were sooo excited!! We got there on a Friday night and ended up going to the park for the last hour. They let us in free then if we pay for a next days pass; which of course we did. It was quite a bit of walking but I was out cold when we got back to the hotel. And that was just an hr or so of walking! I was worried how I was gonna make Saturday when we were there all day!Saturday came and we got out early. We let the kids ride any rides they wanted to and could. Then my daughter said it. "Can you ride a big roller coaster with me?!" O.M.G. I hadn't ridden a big roller coaster since I got married. And now since my pit surgery, I wasn't sure I could do it! But I felt I had to, cuz my hubby is afraid of heights and wouldn't do it with her!
So I found a roller coaster that was just an up and down one with a couple big hills. I tried to explain how she was going to feel, but it's one of those things you can't describe, you just have to do it. And so wee did. I was soooo nervous and she was sooo excited!! I had brought my hydro for afterward JUST IN CASE. But we rode it, I managed not to puke on the ride (or off) and I was sooo happy for both of us! To be there and do it with my daughter; and after all I'd been through. I did have to sit and rest for about 5 minutes afterward. I was weak and lightheaded and contemplated taking the hydro, but didn't. Figured I was fine. I started walking again and we went off to find hubby & my son who were elsewhere in the park. It was time for lunch and NOW I needed to eat something.I was fine the rest of the day. Even the next day when we decided to go to Indian Echo Caverns to see stalagtites and stalagmites, I was fine. And we had come home and had our Easter celebration with the family and I was ok. But by day two, once we were home a full day, I felt SICK. I got the runs (sorry for TMI) and I just felt weak and nauseous. I upped my hydro by 5mg and slowly felt better. By the next day I was ok, but still took it slow.
I think the craziness of the weekend got the better of me, but I believe the coaster was when it really set it all off. But I had a great time and I can't wait to go back!!!
1 comment:
Good for you for riding the roller coaster. I used to like them but they now scare the crap out of me. Won't go on them for anything, Jess would of just had to suffer because I don't like feeling like I'm going to die!!
Post a Comment