Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Crazy week of worry!

I have sooo much stuff to do before Friday. All last minute things of course. I can get it done. I just have to!!

Just wanted to go back a minute tho. From my post about being sick last week. As it turns out, I believe I had food poisoning. I had McD's for lunch the day before I got sick. It seemed late that I got sick, so I don't know. It could've been anything, but that just seems like the most likely cause. Either way, it will probably be awhile before I ever go back.

I was sick for 3 days after. Nothing more than just feeling low; light-headed, dizzy, and just overall icky. I didn't eat much as that twang of nausea was still there waiting. I had my preop on Friday and I still had a slight temp then too. Told the nurse what happened tho and she said it would be ok. I had blood & urine taken, EKG & chest xray done. Pretty normal I guess. I made sure the nurse that registered me put everything down that I asked her to regarding my meds and whatnot. She was soooo nice, she talked with me for over 45 minutes!! She also confirmed with me that this was routine and that I would be O - K. :) That helped some.

Then Friday afternoon I went to see my gynecological oncologist (GO). He didn't think it was cancerous either as I guess the tumor/cyst is very proportional. There's no blood flow to or through the cyst, so he too thinks it may be endometriosis. So I'm thinking more positively. If it is cancer, it's very very early, but no one thinks that, so it's good. One thing that threw me off was that he wanted to do an internal. I was not expecting, nor was "ready" (if you girls know what I mean) for this. I was so embarrassed. But he said everything was fine and he felt it would be a quick operation - in and out - and I would be fine. He did ask about children and to make sure I wanted everything and I said yes. He said it was a good decision, but he does like to make it our decision. He was nice.

So now I wait. And wait. Friday is the day and I don't know what time yet. Hopefully early. I have to call on Thursday between 2:30 & 5pm to see when they've scheduled me in. My MIL will be here to get the kids to and from school and get them fed & whatnot. Hubby will be with me. He does have to work Saturday morning, so that worries me that I won't have anyone there, but hopefully I'll sleep til he gets there. Then I will be back home sometime on Monday.

Trying not to worry or be scared, but it's hard. But it's the waiting that's the worst!!

1 comment:

judycolby said...

Good luck, Kay. Hoping it all goes smoothly.