Thursday, January 14, 2010

AI truly sucks....

24 hours ago, I've never felt so bad. I probably felt that way after pit surgery, but at least I had anesthesia to keep me from really feeling it. I don't know what happened, as it just came out of no where. It happened in the middle of the night. I woke up about 2am from a nasty little nightmare. I was shivering cold and could not get warm. Then all of a sudden I had to go to the bathroom. I barely made it to the bathroom cuz I was so weak & woozy. Sure enough (TMI sorry) I had diarrhea. I knew right then and there I was going into AI. I called to hubby to come give me my hydro quickly. I took 10 in hopes that would help. I felt sick to my stomach tho and was sure I was gonna get sick. Thankfully I made it back to bed. Hubby also said I was burning up. Sure enough I had a fever of 101. He gave me some tylenol as well. Then I slept til about 6am before it happened all over again. I swore I was gonna pass out getting to and from the bathroom. I took another 10mg of hydro. I went back to bed and slept again. Got up again at 8am. Took another 10mg after barely returning from the bathroom. Slept again til about noon. I was feeling ok by then and finally ate some toast & part of a banana. I was still weak & felt like I couldn't get up and walk. My fever went down to 100, then 99. I slept on and off the rest of the day. By the end of the day, I took another 5mg and I could make it down the hallway and back but was still weak. I wasn't sure I would sleep at all last night since I'd slept all day.

Thankfully I did. I slept through the night and didn't have to go to the bathroom once. I managed to get up this morning, took 20mg of hydro, took a shower and get dressed. I took the kids to school and they were so good, I didn't have to get out of the car. I parked across from where they get out and let them go alone. They did so good. I waited til they went in their classrooms. Now I'm home sitting in my chair resting. I have to go get my films from the radiology lab for my appt tomorrow. Then I'm back home til I have to get the kids.

Whatever this is, needs to go away asap. I can't be sick before surgery. I need to get this thing out of my stomach. I can't lay on my stomach or my back cuz it hurts too much. So I've managed to get through this AI and I can get through this surgery!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please get a second opinion and even a third on your surgery, no matter how smart you think your doctor is. Is your doctor a gynecologist/oncologist? These are the best doctors for this type of surgery. I don't know the whole story but removing both ovaries without a family history of ovarian cancer seems drastic and will result in instant menopause. Your heart-attack risk will be two to three times higher without any ovaries. My sister had endometreosis and a mass that wrapped around her fallopian tube and had one ovary removed but no hysterectomy. It was not cancer. These benign ovarian tumors are not uncommon in families whose members suffer from Cushing's. Best of luck. Praying for you.

Kay said...

Thank you for your concern and thoughts. Unfortunately I'm already in menopause as my pituitary surgery took away ALL my hormones including all the female hormones. I'm what they call panhypopituitary. I haven't had a cycle and have been on HRT (tho with progesterone) for the last 15 months. My ovaries just don't work anyway. I asked my endocrinolgist if they would ever come back and since I had 2 pit surgeries, the chances are slim to none.

I AM having this done by a gynecological oncologist as well as my own gynecologist. In fact I just spoke with the GO yesterday.

I have had endometriosis since I was 16 and thankfully I still managed to have twins. That's all the kids we're gonna have too. Whether I like it or not. I know endo isn't cured by a hysterectomy and know this still may not be my last surgery. However, if I can save the fear of cancer coming back and go through this now vs 5 or 10 yrs from now, I think it's better.

This wasn't just his choice, it was mine as well. They did tell me I could save an ovary. But why save an ovary that's not working and risk it being covered in endo or something else as well, in the near future. This is something I've come to terms with, as scary and definite as it is.