Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Back from Seattle with SOME results!

Ok, so my trip was nerve wracking yet exciting! It was also very emotional, cuz I've gone through so much there and have met so many people there and I still watch them to this day continue to struggle while I move on. . . :( I'm thinkin' of you guys and I hope you get answers soon!!!

But overall, thankfully I got good news. At least for now anyway. My morning cortisol was only 1.0 and my Cosyntropin stim test only stimmed to 3.4 (that's 1 point up from last September when I had it done & when it stimmed to 2.4). So it seems my adrenals are still asleep, as Dr. L likes to see a stim of 18 or higher to know the adrenals are awake. I don't know what my ACTH #'s are yet, as they didn't have them. Dr. L still said not to worry about ACTH levels yet tho. But I can't help it. They've always been high, so it's still concerning. He thinks if they are in the 20-30 range that my adrenals could be waking up at any point. He said I may in the near future try to really wean down more. So we'll see. Until I get those results, I'm not gonna think about it. I still feel great and I'm still down 32 lbs since surgery.

I did tell him about some of the symptoms I was concerned about and he said I sounded hypothyroid. So he did check that result and thankfully it was in too. Sure enough my T4 was only .66 and the lowest range is .61. The problem is, when I was on 150mcg of Levothyroxine I became hyperthyroid. Now I'm on 125mcg and this is the first time my labs have shown a low result. It's been "normal" for the last 6+ months! So Dr. L suggested I get my PCP at home to order another thyroid blood test and then send him the results. Then we'll decide what to do. Is their a median dose between 125 and 150??

I sent a request to get my other results, so hopefully I'll get them in the next few weeks. Until then, I'm going to enjoy my holidays with everything I've got! :) For those that gave well wishes, thank you so much they worked! Thanks!!!

1 comment:

lmdtap said...

There is a middle dose it's 137mcg. That's what I'm on.