Tuesday, October 13, 2009

WTH is going on with me?!?!?

Ok, I was on day five of being on 10mg when I got a vicious headache. Now mind you I started taking my shots again and I put a new estrogen patch on. So let me get this straight.... estrogen can lower cortisol??? I'm not sure that's what I've read previously, but that seems to be my case. I took some Excedrin just to see if it was a regular headache. Eventually, my headache did go away. BUT it came back with just as much force after the Excedrin wore off. So yesterday (Monday), I went back up to 15mg of hydro and so far my headache is gone. I'm still not sure what to think and I have no idea wth is going on with my body. I guess I'll just stay put at 15mg for now and wait til I see Dr. L next month. But that nagging worry just won't leave me.....

2 comments:

judycolby said...

Kay,
I don't know anything about using estrogen, so can't help there. But I do think the fact that you need to take cortef is a good thing.
And thinking about your last post - since it's been a year now it's possible that you're finally starting to produce cortisol and taking a high dose on top of that could just put you over the top.

Gracie said...

Kay,
When you use estrogen, you don't need as much hydro. I had this issue come up. You know I'm post BLA, and I'm only on 12.5 mg. If I take more, I break out in zits and gain weight and if it's high enough, I will puke! I had been on 17.5 when I started the estrogen. As it built up in my system, I needed less and less hydro.