It's been crazy the last 6 weeks. The kids went back to school on the 8th, my 9 yr anniversary was on the 16th, I got an EVIL cold on the 18th and that alone took me out for 2 full weeks. I was exhausted and felt the worst that I've felt since surgery. I saw both my GP and ENT who both said it wasn't a sinus infection or flu, just a really bad cold. I just have to stress the REALLY.
Once the cold started going away, I must've coughed and pulled my back out. It's been over a week now and my back STILL hurts. I've been to the chiro 4 times so far and he said it's going to take quite a few sessions. I'm actually thinking of doing acupuncture to help as well. I just don't know WHAT is going on. And of course knowing me...I panic. The Cushings might be back. SOMETHING is going on and I have to figure it out myself. So I weaned from 15mg to 10mg. Last time I did this, I felt awful. Truly terrible. This time....I'm totally fine. Still have back problems, but no weaning affects. That scares me. I've noticed I've gone up on the scale about 5-10 lbs too. And my stretchmarks are more obvious. I even think I've noticed that my thumb/wrist pain comes and goes like it's cycling... I'm gonna have to start to really jot everything down. :(
Is this how it starts? When someone believes the Cushings is back? I don't know. My skin is still soft as ever, not oily...my anxiety isn't there...my face still looks thin...for now. I don't know. I do know I haven't been good about taking all my meds. I forgot my estrogen patch for a week, would that matter? I haven't been good about keeping a schedule for my GH shots. I take my thyroid and hydro in the morning and that's it. I've been feeling fine for the most part! Minus the cold and my back of course.
I'm making myself get back on track with all my meds. I've been debating about calling Dr. L and telling him about the meds change. I see him in a month and will then. Maybe for now I'll just stay on 10 and see how that goes. If I feel the need to wean again, I'll call Dr. L. I just don't know what's going on and I have to tell ya...I'm really scared. :(
3 comments:
I want to thank you so much for taking the time to write this blog. I have been recently diagnosed with Pituitary Cushings, and I am about to go into surgery in 3 weeks. Scared to death. Unlike most of the people with Cushings, I don't want to believe I have it...it was something that was caught very early by the Dr....the thought just seemed to scare me, especially the recovery.
Hearing though that even through the tough times of recovery you had the wonderful family support to pull you though is wonderful.
I wish you the best.
Hugs Kay! I would most definently look to your lack of structure with your gh before you think cushings.
Also, something I've learned since having a bla is: If I mess with my hormones, even if they need to be messed with, I end up feeling like dukie. I've learned I MUST stress dose when I change hormone doses.
HTH!
love,
melly
Thanks Melly. That's what I'm hoping, but it's hard not to worry about it. I'm making myself get back on a good schedule, but my carpal tunnel really acts up with the GH. Makes me feel fine, except for my hands... It's always something.
Post a Comment