Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Oh how sick I got...

And not from the swine flu. I think anyway. Monday night, I did NOT feel good. I had the runs, and the chills and was sure I was getting the flu. I totally stressed myself out and I was totally sick to my stomach. I was sure I was gonna get sick. Thankfully hubby took over and took care of the kiddos and I went to sit down. I hadn't eaten anything since lunch (which was a Salad Works salad) and I just didn't want to. I tried to down some Propel and saltines, but my body wasn't having it.

I ended up sleeping in the chair that night as I didn't want to get anyone else sick (or have my kids see me get sick). Thankfully I was fine. Whatever it was went away and it was made better by taking 20mg of hydro Tues morning. Then it hit me!! DUH!! WhenEVER I get the runs it takes my body down ten fold. I didn't think to stress dose, which is stupid cuz even if I was nauseous I should've taken something. Was afraid I'd puke it up. Once those meds hit my body, I felt progressivly better and better.

I only ate toast and some cheerios yesterday, but I'm feeling better now. I took another 20mg this morning, just to be sure. I figured I'd stay on 20mg for a couple days then go back to 15mg. I can't believe it's almost been 18 months postop and I'm STILL not good at figuring out my body's signs. :( I'm just glad it's not the flu. Yet. But my daughter is doing better thankfully and my son has yet to get it as well. *knock on wood* I'll keep ya posted.

No comments: