Thursday, August 13, 2009

Crazy overly eventful week!

Since Saturday night, I have not felt right. Upset stomach, weak, dizzy, and just overall blah... I have very little appetite and what I do eat seems to go through me.

Last Saturday, we went to Great Adventure. We had a great time and I did fine walking around. I even went on a few roller coasters, none real big tho. But of all things that affected me, it was the tea cups ride. The spinning set it off. I've never really had issues and maybe it's an age thing more than anything, but OMG I felt AWFUL when I got off that thing. Like I just wanted to lay down and sleep. And at the same time I felt sick to my stomach. I should've stress dosed at the time, but I figured it would go away. It didn't. So I took 5mg of hydro and went to bed. I was out like a light!! The next day I felt ok in the morning, just weak and a little queazy. I didn't do much at all, laid around most of the day and did go in the pool a bit later in the evening.

Monday and Tuesday, I hung around the pool with the kids, cuz it was so hot, for the first time this summer. I felt ok, but just didn't have an appetite. And when I did eat, I felt nauseous. Wednesday, we go to my IL's, where all the cousins, grandkids, etc get together to swim. Well of course it was raining that day and it was terribly humid. I don't do well in the heat. Again, I felt horrible when I got home. So bad, the kids had to feed themselves cereal for dinner. We all went to bed at the same time, cuz I just could not stay awake. My body needed to recoup again.

I was worried this morning, that this icky feeling would continue. I went ahead and took a full 20mg this morning in hopes that helps. Thankfully it did. I ate a little more today and no runs. I made sure to eat bananas and drink some Gatorade to help. I think it all did.

I know I did a LOT. I guess I still don't know my limits. I also just think maybe I ate something bad too. Or maybe too much sun?? I don't know. But all day today, I just sat around and really did nothing. It was raining out, so no pool time. I definitely needed that "down time." Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be raring to go again!! But I'll know to slow down a little and rest more!

1 comment:

DebraC said...

Hi, Kay. I'm glad things are going better for you. Your pool looks great! That must have been fun to come home to.

I was going to reply to your message to me at soulcysters MB, but your message is missing. Anway, I just wanted to thank you for letting me know to be more agressive with my endo. I also read your blog, which is very helpful.

My endo still only gave me two midnight salivas, they say both were normal. .9 and 2.9. (I forgot to ask for range) Tomorrow morning I'm having an 8:00 a.m. dex. Only because I said two tests were not enough for me. I'm not confident he is really trying to help. If this test comes back normal, I'm going to go to a Milwaukee endo two hours away.

I have been dxd with pcos, and hypothyroid for years. I have all the cushings symptoms and hump for years.
Did you have a referral for Cushie camp? I am tempted, but doubt insurance would cover. That might also be an option. I am thinking they would need some sort of a high reading to even take me. I would rather have all tests done at once than to drag it out for months.
Anyway, thanks again.
Debra in Wis.