Went to see my ob/gyn this morning and he basically said I can stay off the female hormones. It seems my hormones are coming back, but slowly. My estrogen and testosterone were low, but within normal range low.
Here's the part I'm upset about. My cortisol was 3.4 and my ACTH............35. (Top range of ACTH is 48.) I can't tell you how bummed I am. It went up 10 points in ONE month. And while I'm glad in some small way to see my cortisol coming up, I'm scared and terribly worried overall.
I have a Medem set up with Dr. L for next week to go over all of this and see what he thinks. I just don't want this back...I just don't. It CANNOT be happening. I was crying after I left my ob/gyn's office. I have a feeling I know what Dr. L will say. Just keep weaning. Cuz we won't know for sure what's going on until I'm weaned off the hydro completely. Screw the adrenal stim test at this point. I'm just soooo upset...
3 comments:
Try not to be upset! Wait and see what Dr. L says. I know it can be hard - but you have made so much progress and you look so good!
gmcook3
Kay, the fact that you still need the hydro, and it's so hard for you to wean, low morning cortisol, it all is still a good sign. Maybe your ACTH just normally runs on the higher side. You are still not out of range, so we will hope and pray it stays where it is! You've made so much progress and you look great! Hold on to that for now, and try not to worry. Big hugs for you today!
thank you so much for blogging u have know idea how important it is to some of us. can u tell me what is an adrenal stim test??? i often wonder if my cortisol increasing is the cushings coming back or if my adrenals r waking up and working on their own. how can u tell??? also when in doubt if u have runs take the cortizone better safe than sorry. u will be w/o this dependence one day dont worry. sincerely, Hope
Post a Comment