Well, I was on 10mg for all of one day (Friday). I was so upset about the results I saw on Thursday, that I had decided to wean down to 10mg, since I assumed Dr. L would want me to slowly wean off so I could test. I was actually fine during the day, other than being headachey, tired and having no appetite.
Then I got a call from Dr. L's assistant that he could talk to me within the next few hrs. I was happy about that! He ended up calling me about 5pm EST. He basically told me to quit worrying. That those numbers really don't mean much to him. And because I don't have any symptoms that would signify that it was back, he says I need to stop worrying. When the Cushings is coming back, it will definitely show itself. The other symptoms I AM having, are probably due to to my other hormones - specifically the female deficiencies. Ok, that makes sense. He does have a way of making things sound reasonable. So he made me cautiously optimistic.
My local endo called me an hr after Dr. L did and I gave him the run down of my labs as well and he said I should be worried. I explained what Dr. L said and he - in not so many words - said Dr. L was wrong and I should be concerned. Talk about not helping me at all and bring me back down. I knew I had to think positively, but not knowing who to trust surely doesn't make that easier.
So I ate a little dinner, played with the kids (as much as my exhausted body would allow at that point in time) then within an hr after dinner, I got the runs horribly. Then I just felt like I couldn't keep my eyes open. I just wanted to sleep. So after hubby and I put the kids to bed, I went to bed myself. I think I fell asleep before my twins did. Then when I woke up Saturday morning and I had a horrible headache. So, I went back up to 15mg. I took it easy the rest of that day and let my hubby deal with the kids. I was feeling somewhat better in the afternoon, but it basically took me the full 24 hrs to recoup.
I felt some sort of relief in knowing I still needed the meds. I know I have to give Dr. L the benefit of the doubt since he's gotten me this far. But I will continue to have my doubts. But I can tell you for a fact, hormones AND doctors...suck.
No comments:
Post a Comment