Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 7 at 15mg...and holding steady

I didn't feel too bad after the first three days at 17.5, so I thought I could keep on going. I'm now down to 15mg and am still trying to reach that "good" feeling again. It's been 7 days and there hasn't been 1 day that I have felt good. Between the headache, nauseousness and overall BLAH feeling, I don't know what to do!

I had my blood taken on Friday, and I have an appt with my ob/gyn on Thurs to find out what's going on. So I'll have results then. I'm nervous to say the least. What if my ACTH is still up there? I'm trying not to worry and because for the most part I feel good, so that should be a good sign...right?!

My daughter had the stomach bug on Friday night into Saturday and I took care of her. I had my mask on the whole time, so as not to catch it myself. And I actually did ok!! Before surgery I would get paranoid and freak out and put myself into a panic attack. This time, I handled it. My stomach was in knots and it didn't help my already nauseous feeling, but I did it! I'm hoping this is a good sign too.

Once I have this appt with my ob/gyn and see what my labs are, I will update. I will have to call Dr. L and schedule a MEDEM after that as well. So we can discuss my labs and he can refill my script of hydro with just 5mgs now. And maybe talk about if I should try weaning lower. But until then, I think I'll stay put at 15mg. :)

No comments: