Friday, March 27, 2009

Dang this Carpal Tunnel...

I am so frustrated with how bad my carpal tunnel has gotten since I upped my GH dose to .4mg. I just sent an email to Dr. L in hopes that he tells me I can go down a bit. Now I'm only taking .4mg for 5 days instead of the full 7, but OMG my poor fingers!!! I have to wear my braces during the day now because it doesn't matter what I do, my fingers go numb. Like holding my cereal bowl if I eat in the living room, writing a note to the kids teacher, stirring something for dinner....

And laying down is the worst!! I swear when I wake up in the morning, my hands feel like they are 5 times their size. They feel like pins and needles and numb at the same time. :( I am sooo bummed. Dr. L did tell me it may get worse. But how bad do I need this much medicine? Do I continue with the meds and just get surgery on BOTH wrists?? *sigh* I'm just so bummed about this.

The other weird thing that's happening is that when I put my hands at my side, my fingers and knuckles turn red. Like all the blood is rushing to them. But my wrists and whatnot are still white. When I put my hands over my head they are white. When I have them the same level as my heart (give or take) they are fine. It's just when they are down by my sides. I've tried googling it, but have no clue why they do that. Is that another carpal tunnel thing or something else? If anyone knows, let me know...

No comments: