Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Getting more bloodwork


I need to get more bloodwork done for my local endo. But I'm so nervous, I can't get myself to just get up and go. I don't know why I feel this way exactly. It's not even that I think it's the pit Cushings, I'm actually still worried it's ectopic. My last ACTH level was 22, with high range of normal being 48. I'm already half way there. What if the level goes up higher? Does that mean something? And then what if my cortisol is higher then the 2 it has been and the ACTH is high too. Oh the horrid thoughts that go through my mind.

Then on top of that I get paranoid that I drank caffeine or had chocolate (which has caffeine) etc. Don't want to do anything that will raise my cortisol anymore than necessary. I am also coming down with what I believe to be a chest cold. Again thinking the worse that maybe it's lung cancer, but the yellow mucous is telling me it's probably just a cold. You can see where my mind is going nuts tho.

On top of that, I've only been taking the estrogen cream for a week, and I'm already getting cramps. I haven't felt them since before surgery, so I'm not sure if it's good or not. I think it may be, but again, it's got me somewhat worried. Maybe I should've just titled this post "paranoid." Grr..

Ok, I'm going tomorrow to get my bloodwork done once and for all. I will have ALL my hormones checked and we'll know everything in the next 2 weeks. But ooohhhh boy will it be the longest 2 weeks.........

1 comment:

judycolby said...

Yep, just bite the bullet and get it done. I know it's scary, but knowing is better than guessing. Good luck. Hope your numbers are fine.