Friday, January 16, 2009

Adrenal insufficent episode

Last night I felt really weird. I wasn't sure at the time if it was an AI episode. I was cooking dinner and all of a sudden I felt weak, nauseous and lightheaded. I thought maybe cuz I had a little lunch, and I was just hungry. But I had gone out to the grocery store for about an hour much earlier and then to Staples, but then I came home. But by dinner time, I just felt BAD. I ate dinner hoping that would make me feel better, but I just felt tired. My blood pressure was normally 110/70 and when I took it with my home monitor it was 96/62. My pulse is usually high 90's and then it was low 80's. (I think that's still normal, just low for me.)

Thankfully hubby did the dishes for me and gave the kiddos a bath and got them to bed. I plopped myself on the couch hoping this would just pass. I knew I just didn't feel right tho. Similar to the way I felt weeks after surgery. I've done a bit more lately cuz I've had more energy, but maybe it's catching up to me. So anyway, I sat there for about an hour. I got up to go to the bathroom and I felt weak, lightheaded and nauseous again. That's when I told hubby to get me 5mg of hydro. I took it and within a half hr to an hr, I felt so much better. I went to bed soon after that and slept like a rock. It was just really weird tho, and just out of no where!?!

It's crazy how these things can just pop up. I wish I knew why so I could prevent it from happening again. I'm also one to think that things happen for a reason. I was worried I may be "high" again, but maybe this was to show me I wasn't. In any case, it was very worrisome. I'm just glad it didn't progress, cuz it could've gone bad pretty quickly. That's just one thing I don't want the kiddos to see. But I'm ok and taking it easy for the long weekend ahead.

1 comment:

Gracie said...

Kay,

I'm glad it didn't progress. My motto was always to take a little at the first feeling of "weird". LOL! It won't hurt, and if you need it, it will help. That's how you know if you need it. Better to head off an AI incident than to wait until it happens!

I bet all of your working and running caught up with you. I seen that you did a wean not too long ago.

Just so you know, I think you have a cure! You still have low numbers and that is great! You probably won't see a lot of weight loss until your hydro is at a much lower dose. Everyone told me around 10 mg. you would see the weight really dropping. I'm totally weaned and have weight gain, not loss. NOT a good thing! You are still doing good! Hang in there!

Hugs,
Gracie