Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sick sick sick!!

I've been so sick the last few days, I finally sucked it up and went back to my PCP to see if I had strep. Unfortunately, I got to see Dr. Witch (replace w with b ) and she was not helpful at all. Saying I was fine and it was "just a cold." So I went home -in pain- and tried to relax. It didn't work. I called later in the afternoon to ask for a strep test, thinking I really had strep, cuz my throat hurt so bad. Not the rawness of a sore throat, but where my throat felt like it was all swollen. Even drinking hurt.

Thank God when I went back, my regular doc was there. I truly love him. He doesn't know much about Cushings or the aftermath, but is so willing to learn. He checked me out and did the strep test which came back negative. He said I have a sinus infection. It was causing the throat pain and ear pain and headache. I was crying (just being overemotional that I am) and thanked him. He gave me Levaquin and I told him I'd like something else. So he gave me Amoxicillin. Yay! This is the best part too. He could see how much pain I was in. So he gave me a shot of Toradol. Man I love that stuff!!!! I haven't felt that good in a LONG time! All my pains (bone and otherwise) were eased! It was so nice. I asked if I could get a script, but they don't give those out so easily anymore. But he said I should feel better tomorrow.

Of course I woke up this morning feeling a little better than I did yesterday morning, but the general aches and pains are still there. My throat didn't hurt, but I do have laryngitis now. I can't speak a word. My family's loving it! And my mother thought it was hysterical! Just you wait til I get my voice back! I'll tell them!

No comments: