Ok, for the 5th and final day of bothering Dr. L, I finally got through. Thank GOD! I have my lab results!!
I now went from hypothyroidism to hyperthyroidism. I sort of knew this already tho. But he said he thinks that's what's causing me to be flushed. My Free T4 was 2.37 and my TSH (even tho I know it doesn't matter) was 0. He moved my meds from 150mcg to 125mcg and recheck in 6 weeks. (or more) So we'll see if that helps.
He is FINALLY starting me on GH!! I'm so happy about that! Although, he's worried about my carpal tunnel. I developed that in the last few weeks as well and he said if he gives me GH it may make it worse. *grrr* He says he will order the GH, but he wants me to have a local doc check out the carpel tunnel. So I have an appt on Friday with my PCP.
And at 6 months, my cortisol is still only 1.5 and my ACTH is 22. I'm concerned that my ACTH keeps going up, but he wasn't. The range goes up to 48, but still. With no cortisol and normal ACTH, he just said I'm secondary addisons. I don't know tho. It's still somewhat worrisome. But good nonetheless!
He wants me to up my hydro to 25mg too, which he thinks will help the other aches and pains I have. I really don't want to go back up tho. So he has me down now officially as panhypopit. He said we will continue to reevaluate that, as he still thinks my pit will kick in. I don't know tho.
Overall this was a good report and everything I wanted to hear. Now if we can just get a move on it, so I feel better already!
No comments:
Post a Comment