Friday, November 21, 2008

TGIF and 22 weeks postop

I'm gonna stop apologizing for not getting on here as much anymore. I don't like writing about my depression. I think it just makes me more depressed. I hate feeling this way. It's not me.

The more research I did, the more I think aside from the lack of GH, I think the thyroid meds have gone beyond being good for me and now have made me hyperthyroid. I kept waiting for a jittery feeling or shaky feeling or something, but that never happened. So I thought whatever I was feeling was all the GH deficiency. Little did I know. Here's my newest symptoms...

  • Heat intolerance (I used to be cold alot, now I'm hot alot!)
  • Breathlessness or shortness of breath (Walking up steps causes it bad!)
  • Increased bowel movements
  • Fatigue (I now can take a nap in the afternoon & still fall asleep at night at 9pm!)
  • Fast heart rate(Again, going up steps or walking too much does this.)
  • Trembling hands
  • Weight loss(I've lost an additonal 10 lbs!)
  • Muscle weakness (My leg & arm muscles hurt a lot!)
  • Hair loss (I think all the deficiencies and whatnot are causing this. My hair doesn't know to stay put anymore! *sigh* )

Of course I have all this along with the depression, lack of libido, itchy skin, memory & concentration loss, joint pain & swelling, carpal tunnel, dry skin...

I'm on the new estrogen & testosterone meds along with progestin, still waiting for it to kick in... I did just have a blood test done yesterday to test my cortisol, acth, tsh, free T4, and IGF-1. I'm praying that my IGF-1 is lower than it was in Sept. Then Dr. L will agree to give me the GH meds w/o having to do the stim test. (Which now even my local endo is having problems with!) I'm hoping that that the T4 is high, so we can lower the dang drug and I'm hoping the cortisol and acth are low still. Not too much to ask eh?

I have an MRI on the 3rd (exactly 6 mos from my surgery) and hopefully a week after that I'll have all the answers I need. I just pray it's good news. Other than all that, I'm just managing day to day. I just don't feel like "myself" yet. But hopefully I will by Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kay, I was worried that you were going to be hyper with that initial dose. Please please go get your levels checked. Hyperthyroidism can be dangerous. It will leave you feeling WORSE then hypo. I've been on both sides of it. Sometimes I'm both if you can believe that. I have hashimotos and graves.