Sunday, November 16, 2008

Feeling a little better than Friday

Talking to other cushie woman, I found out what they wanted to do on Friday was probably ok. However, since I don't trust the medical community anymore, I wasn't sure they were doing it right. While of course hindsight is nice, it doesn't help me at this point. I still need to find a place to do the GH test and soon.

I have my fight back and I want to get this done and feel better. If it means going to Seattle, I'll go, I just don't want to if I can get it done at home. Plus I don't want Dr. L to be in control of everything. If anything happens and I piss him off, he'll drop me like a dead weight. I need my local endo to know what's going on and to give me the right meds. Once all is balanced, I pray it stays that way.

One good thing out of all of this. . . I'm down to 25 lbs lost! I had gained some of the weight back there for while, but I'm assuming the thyroid meds finally helped and kicked in. Which is funny since the lack of GH should make me gain some weight. The lack of estrogen is probably helping too. I'm sure once I'm back on all the right hormones, I'll gain the weight back. I hope not and I hope to be able to exercise to keep it off, but we'll see.

And since I mentioned the estrogen, I forgot to post that I'm on a new estrogen med, called Estratest. It's a pill (which I'm not happy with) and it has testosterone in it. I also have to take provera the last 10 days of my cycle. Blah. Too many pills in a day. Sucks. Ah well.

No comments: