I've felt so crappy lately, I wasn't sure aside from my kids and husband, what I was thankful for. But all the pains and frustration with this disease makes me definitely appreciate life so much more. Really and truly seeing that the little things are so meaningless.
So I am of course very thankful for my wonderful and supportive husband and my crazy kids. But I'm also thankful for making it through surgery w/o any problems, for having all help from my family and friends, and of course all my cushie friends. They definitely helped me get through this. I live life a little differently now and I'm thankful this disease opened my eyes to more than just what was right in front of me. The small/little things really are meaningless now. I'm thankful to just be alive and to LIVE! That's what it's all about isn't it?!
This is my favorite quote that goes along with what I'm trying to say... "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present."
While I'm living in the present, it hurts, but I know each day will EVENTUALLY get better. So I deal with the pain, knowing that I will appreciate it much more when I'm feeling better. : ) And just to let you know, no lab reports yet. They won't send them till all results are in and the IGF-1 takes the longest. Hopefully next week I'll finally hear something.
No comments:
Post a Comment