Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Why doesn't anyone want to learn?

I'm frustrated. I probably shouldn't be, but I am. I had my flu shot this morning as well as a meeting with my primary doc. I had hoped that my primary doctor would be more willing to learn about this stuff. But the more I explained, the less he listened. I had paperwork that I printed out from online to explain panhypopituitarism and it just went over his head. He put down that I had Addisons and I was in menopause. I tried as best as I could (which may have not been my best since I'm still learning about this too), but he still didn't care. It was very infuriating. Like I said, I know I shouldn't be bothered by this. He isn't an endo. I just hoped for more help. But he did say that he'd call the endo he recommended and move up the appointment. I really hope he can do it.

I wish I could say I'm feeling better yet, but I'm not. It's only been 3 days since I started the thyroid and estrogen meds. Another week or two and hopefully I'll be feeling better. Right now I just feel like sleeping. I'm still eating ok, drinking fine... Weight hasn't changed up OR down.

Newest symptoms: Paresthesia and twitching mucles in my legs

I talked with Dr. L's office and they are calling me in a script for the GH test. So I can finally take it this weekend. So I should get my answers on that next week. More than likely I'll be put on GH meds too. But we'll see. I'm just glad things are finally getting done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, lady, I know this is tough. It sounds like you may have to consider a new PCP. I understand staying there, too, because it's comfortable. There is something to be said for that.

I know you are frustrated, but don't be. That pituitary tumor was hiding/masking a lot of problems that came to light after it was removed. It happens with many of us. It took about 7 months for me to really find a balance and start to feel decent. And then, it took another several months for me to realize how badly I needed the GH and be tested for that (although Dr F had insisted long before). I feel SO MUCH BETTER than I did. It WILL come. Don't be afraid of getting the right hormones and working to get the right levels. One suggestion I have, though, once you are on all the replacments is to only change one dosage at a time. Let your body get used to that, then change another (with your doctors' permissions) so you'll know which/what is actually doing something or making you feel a certain way.

You are doing well. As Sue used to say, "baby steps".

Many hugs...