Monday, October 27, 2008

Sorry I've been MIA

I didn't want to post on here in case my mother saw, but I ended up going to Chicago to suprise my mother for her birthday. It was a big birthday for her and I wanted to be there for her. She's been with me through so much this year, I felt I had to be there. I surprised her and I know she was more than happy to see me. We hung out on Friday and then Saturday was her bday party. Of course I was the one that kept her busy Saturday while my father and others could get the party ready at the house. Then Sunday we had breakfast, shopped a little more and then I came home last night.

I ended up stress dosing (to 20/10) for the trip, cuz I knew it was going to be overwhelming. I did a lot of walking this weekend and it really wore me out! I felt sick to my stomach when I knew my body couldn't take anymore. That and my chest felt tight. It was very strange. If I got to sit and rest, I felt better. But I ended up taking the train and bus and walking a little bit with my brother, before we met up with my mom, and then I did lots of walking while shopping. I just don't know if I felt that way just because I was out of shape or because my cortisol was so low. Or maybe both, who knows.

I slept very well there and ate minimally. Again, for fear of getting sick, I didn't eat much. Usually breakfast, but I may have skipped lunch or dinner, by just snacking on something. Overall it was a very nice trip. And hopefully the last one of the year! FIVE flights in one year is a LOT. And for someone who hates to fly too. LOL

Anyway, upcoming plans. . . tomorrow I have a follow up dentist appt, Thursday I have my annual with my ob/gyn and Friday (drums play loudly here!) I have my GH stim test! YAY!! Finally! Hopefully it will give me answers once and for all. Then I can finally call Dr. L and tell him what I've been feeling and going through and hopefully they can help. I will probably need to adjust my thyroid meds. But we'll see after I get my blood test in the next two weeks.

So much going on. . . I just need to take a few days to rest rest rest!

1 comment:

Shari said...

I've have missed seeing you around.