My primary doc said all my bloodwork showed is that I'm anemic! We knew that already so I didn't even bother to ask the #. But they said my thyroid levels were normal. NORMAL?? Normal being: TSH=2.15 and my Free T4 being .75 - neither are normal. But of course I'm talking to the office staff and not the doctor. And when I tell them they need to talk to the doctor, they ask the other doctor in that office that I do NOT like and that doesn't know my case!!! GRRRRR!!!!! Next week I'm supposed to get my flu shot there, but I turned it into the shot AND an appt to see the doc I like, so I could talk to him directly about all this. So I have to wait another week to get answers.
I talked to my ob/gyn about the bloodwork for him and sure enough - I'm menopausal. :( He said I could go on HRT, but I don't know. I asked him what he thought and he said he didn't know. He said he's never dealt with someone with pit issue female problems. He said if *I* wanted to go on HRT he'd be ok with that, but I have to watch out for osteoporosis and all other signs of being on HRT. He didn't say (or wouldn't say) one way or another whether I should do this. I'm not a doctor tho? I don't know what to do?!?!?! *cry*
So no thyroid meds, no female hormone meds.... I am seriously a mess. I am just crying. I hate feeling like this. I feel so lost, like no one can or will help me. Hubby doesn't understand, no one understands. Dr. L wants me to come back out to have the MRI, the growth hormone test, the CST test and he can't do a thing with the whole female hormone issue. So where does that leave me??? I don't even know what's causing what?!?! There HAS to be someone that can help me LOCALLY!!!! *cry*
I found this site in all the research I've tried to do about it. This line jumped out at me: "Secondly, thyroid hormones have similarities with certain metabolites of estrogen and progesterone, and receptor sites for thyroid uptake can be blocked or facilitated by estrogen and progesterone. Imbalances of thyroid hormones T3 and T4, combined with imbalances of estrogen and progesterone, can produce many different consequences in the areas of mood, temperature regulation, fluid retention, energy and sleep. It's sometimes very difficult to answer the question, "Is it my thyroid, or is it menopause?"" http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/thyroid-and-menopause.htm
I have another endo appt with a local endo, but not til Dec. I don't think I can wait til then. I can't find an endo to get me in sooner. They don't realize how badly I need help since I haven't seen anyone locally in over 9 months. *cry*
I'm eating ok I guess. Still minimal portions. Still no appetite. I'm still tired, but I can tell my diurnal rhythm is back. I do feel more awake in the morning and I'm exhausted at night. I can't stay up past 11pm. I tried to watch a movie with hubby a couple times and I fell asleep in the chair every time. I'm sleeping through the night and ready to wake up bright and early at 7-8am. I still have no energy to do much during the day. But otherwise, on the outside, I look ok. Just wish I felt that way on the inside....
No comments:
Post a Comment