Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Last day of summer. . .

I know technically it's not til the 21st, but with the kids going back to school - it is. I made the most of today, even tho I was just not up to par. I had the worst headache, I had a hard time getting up and my tummy is still not feelin' so hot either. Thankfully a very SMART friend made me realize my tummy issues could be from the antibiotics. *wink* I think she's right.

In any case, I took all my meds, added in some excedrin, a few cups of coca cola and I went to play whatever my kids wanted me too. I feel like I haven't been "there" for them all summer due to my being sick, so I wanted to try to make it up to them this last day. We played games inside and out. I went in the sprinkler with them and everything. It was actually a very fun day. :)

I still can't believe they start school tomorrow. 1st grade. Wow. Time really does fly. I'm glad I got the surgery done in June so I can really enjoy their 1st day of school again. I might not be in the best shape in the morning (especially since I'm getting such a late start getting to bed!) but I'll be there. I think I over doped myself on caffeine today. *roll eyes* But I'll be there. Taking pictures and all. Hopefully I get some good shots. hehe!

I feel ok. Neck/shoulder pain is still minor, but that's about it. I'll prolly lay on some ice again when I go lay down for bed. I see my chiro tomorrow, so I'm hoping he can straighten my back out. In any case, I'm off to bed. It's going to be an emotional day tomorrow and I need all the rest my body can get!

1 comment:

Shari said...

Glad you had some fun on the last day of summer break! Can't wait to hear how the first day of school went. I hope your headache went away.