Thursday, September 4, 2008

The first day of school comes and goes

It was a very busy day yesterday, for the kiddos first day of 1st grade and thankfully I survived it. Tuesday night into Wednesday, I slept very little. I was so nervous. About everything, not just my kids going back to school. But that started it and then I couldn't stop myself. In any case, it was a restless night. So I didn't have too much trouble getting up yesterday morning.

Hubby and I took the kids to school. The kids were excited and yet nervous too. They did really well tho going off into their own classes. Hubby went to work and I came home. It wasn't til I got home and it was so unnervingly quiet, that I broke down. I missed my babies and I felt guilty that summer went so fast and I felt like I didn't spend as much time with them as I wanted. I know I needed to go through the surgery and deal with the recovery, but I felt some remaining guilt. It didn't last too long though. I had my chiro appt and thankfully the doc was able to adjust my back which made it feel SOO much better. Then I came home...

Kids only have half days this week, so I had to finally shower and get ready to get them at 1:15. (One perk from surgery is that I don't look horrible the next day when I don't shower. So no one could guess I didn't shower. VERY nice. ;) Pre surgery I had to shower twice a day sometimes, I was so greasy...) So when I picked the kids up, they were so excited. They had a great day. I let them play on the playground, then I took my son to his allergy appt and let my daughter stay at her friends house for a playdate. Let's just say by the time dinner came around, I was crashing. I was tired, I had a headache and then it dawned on me. I had forgotten to take my 3pm hydro dose. Ugh.

So I guess I was weaning then. And I felt it. I ate a small dinner and then ended up going to bed and was asleep by 10pm. (Hubby started his grad classes, so I was on my own and I didn't feel comfy sleeping until he came home!) I slept like a baby tho the minute my head hit that pillow.

I had a harder time waking up this morning. I was able to drop the kiddos off to school and then I came back, ate some breakfast and then laid on the couch. I dozed off and on. I finally got up, cleaned up a little bit and then my MIL showed up. She wanted to see the kids new teachers and pick them up with me. Then we went out to lunch. (Well her and I got lunch and the kids got a drink and a snack.) Then we came home. I have not been feeling well. Tired, achy, and the headache. The weaning headache; where you move and it hurts. It was actually good that MIL was here today, as she did the laundry and ironed hubby's shirts for me. She played with the kiddos and kept them busy.

I did take my son to his karate class and she cooked dinner. She was definitely a help. I hate feeling like this. So tired and icky. I took an excedrin and drank a diet coke and now of course everything is fine and I'm dealing with the leftover caffeine. I am off to bed here soon tho.

Definitely eating very little today. And I don't know if I want to jinx myself, but I think my thirst ordeal is FINALLY back to normal. I'm definitely not drinking as much anymore - even at night. Still dealing with the runs (sorry), but this time I think it's the weaning since I've been off the antibiotics for 2 days. But who knows. Overall, I'm ok. But I'll be better when my body adjusts again. . .

No comments: