Thursday, September 25, 2008

Doctors, doctors and more doctors

I think I may be in the running for a single person seeing the most doctors!! In the last 9 months, I've seen: a chiropractor, a dentist, an endocrinologist, an ENT, a neuroradiologist, a neurosurgeon, an ophthalmologist, an orthopedist, a physical therapist, a podiatrist, and a primary care doc, and of course not to mention all the docs I've gone too for my kids - the pediatrician, the allergist, the dermatologist and the pediatric dentist. Phew. That's way too many docs for that short period of time IMO. But thankfully 90% of them were incredibly helpful this year. And of those listed, only 4 of them I've actually had to change doctor offices.

I've traveled more and farther, more than I have in my entire life. I've gotten my blood taken more than I have in the last 10 years I think! I'm sure there are people out there that are in the same situation or even worse having to go from doc to doc just to get treated. Lord knows I've finally learned the medical profession doesn't know as much as you'd think they should. And as sad as it is, some don't even care to try to learn more. They diagnose and move on, not even caring if it's right or not. And God forbid any internet research was brought into it. Should the patient know more than doc?? That would be just crazy now, wouldn't it!? Ugh. I could go on and on, but I won't. Quick update on me, then I'm going to bed.

Last 2 days, I've been doing good. Medium sized appetite, drinking normally, feeling ok for the most part. Still bothered by my knees and back and feeling like an old person on most days. I'm only 35, I shouldn't feel 65. But I'm finally working with some local docs to get my blood taken and get these dang hormones taken care of. My primary doc actually thinks my knees and back pain is related to the adrenal insufficiency and lack of anti-inflammatory properties. I do know it can be part of it, but I hope it's not all of it. If it is tho, is there any way to fix it? Will I be on anti-inflammatory meds for the rest of my life? Again, hoping once the rest of the hormones are evened out, we'll see what's left.

Nothing exciting to report tho. Just going day to day and doctor to doctor. Such is the life of a cushie patient.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Wow! That is a lot of Doctors!!