Monday, August 25, 2008

Woah Monday. . .

Well we did end up making it to the aquarium yesterday! I managed to get up and ready by 11am. Amazing. I ate a small breakfast and then a small lunch. I had a slight headache, so assuming it would get worse, I went ahead and took an excedrin before we left for the aquarium.

It was about an hr drive there and then we had to wait for my BIL and his wife to show up. Kids were so excited tho! I wasn't sure how I'd do with all the walking, but I actually did pretty good! My knee was more than swollen, but we got in at 12:30 and left at 4pm!! It was busy there too, surprisingly enough! Guess everyone was getting in the last minute fun before school starts!

After that we went to dinner at Buco de Beppo's. A great family style Italian restaurant. Talk about overeating! Blech! (It found it's way out later. *wink*) By the end of the day though, I was pretty stressed from dealing with the kids. My son didn't get to see any dolphins and he was pretty upset about that. I can't believe an aquarium like that didn't have a dolphin exhibit! But what can you do but listen to the kid complain... So by the time I got home, I was tired.

I tried to go to bed around 11pm, but I think I was overtired. And then I started getting an upset stomach. Around 2am, I got real shaky - similar to when I had my spider panic attack. I managed to talk myself out of it w/o any extra drugs, but ewwwww I did NOT feel good. I ended up tossing and turning all night - just from not feeling well. Oh and I drank 3 full 12 oz cups of water overnight too - so I peed about the same...

Of course I finally starting dozing around 6am and of course that 8am dose always wakes me up. I knew I shouldn't go back to sleep this morning because we're all supposed to be working on our "school schedule." But again, I felt like CRAP. I sat on the potty this morning for like a half hour, not sure if I was gonna hurl or not. It was another one of those episodes where I feel like I'm gonna puke, but thankfully comes out the other end. (Sorry. TMI I know. ) You know I hate that pukey feeling tho.

I've been tired and achy all day. My head has been killing me and I just feel weak and woozy. For the first time in awhile, I actually drank some Gatorade. Thinking maybe my electrolytes were going all wonky and hoping that will help. I ate a small breakfast and a small lunch. I ended up taking the kids to Target to finish getting school supplies. This is when I miss my mom. She could've done that and probably gotten cheaper prices! In any case, after that we came home as that's all I could take. I rested the remainder of the afternoon and then cooked dinner. I'm hoping to get to bed as soon as I'm done with this, cuz I am beat and I don't want to be overtired again.

I think I just overdid my day yesterday and I forget when I feel well, it doesn't mean I can still push myself. I did just that and it came back to haunt me today. So more rest for me tomorrow.

No comments: