Thursday, August 21, 2008

Spider induced panic attack

I hate spiders. I really do. I try to be brave, but something about them really freaks me out. So having them show up in my room in the middle of the night...not a good sign. And it was a big one too. Like the size of a dime. Ick ick ick. Hubby killed it, but I could not sleep afterwards. I tossed and turned, slept a little while then woke up panicked. By 4am I tried to get to sleep, but I just couldn't. I was sick to my stomach and was sure I was gonna puke. I went to the bathroom, but thankfully it came out the other end. I finally ended up taking .5 mg of Ativan to calm me down. I was literally a mess and I could NOT calm myself down. I was breathing hard and yet couldn't catch my breath. It was very weird. I almost took my hydro early to help too. I really didn't want to go there though and thankfully the Ativan helped and I was able to sleep.

Hubby let me sleep in this morning and I didn't wake til 11am. The kids were so quiet and playing nice. Another day of feeling guilty that I was avoiding my kiddos. I'm just glad they are old enough to play alone together. Hubby made sure they had breakfast and drinks, so I didn't have to worry about it. When I came downstairs, I was weak and had a slight headache. But I drank a big cup of water and ate some breakfast. Then I fed the kiddos lunch. After I ate, I rested in my chair. Around 1:30pm, I finally got myself up and dressed and took my daughter over to her playdate. My son went out with me to run some errands, then I took him to karate. I was not feeling so hot tho.

I picked up my daughter around 5:30pm and we came home by 6pm. I had a bad headache. Of course having more issues with my son did NOT help. But that's a whole other story... I ate some dinner (since I didn't eat lunch), did the dishes and then plopped in my chair. I hope to go to bed early tonight. I did end up having a diet coke and some tylenol to help with my headache tonight.

Yesterday I felt fine and ate fine. Was up and about. Didn't have a headache and it was just overall a good day. I still don't feel like I have all my energy completely. I get tired easily. By the end of the day, I'm ready for bed. It's probably normal, but I'm just not used to it. In any case, I'm doing ok. For lack of sleep from last night, I'm ready for bed now. So I'll bid you adieu.

No comments: