Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Caffeine free day 2!

I actually made it through the day again w/o any caffeine! No major fights either! Yay for me!! hehe!

I did end up taking some Tylenol PM last night and of course that didn't help with me getting up this morning. I swear when I take that stuff it makes me that much more tired. In any case, I got up at 9:30am and went down to eat breakfast. Then went and took a shower and took the kids out to run a few errands with me - much to their dismay. You'd think they'd want to get out of the house. Well they do, just not to run "boring" errands with me. hehe!

Came back home, had lunch and we played outside a bit. Well they played and I watched. I do think those 3D Crayola Chalks are cool and really work! I'll have to take some pics of our creations. Tho you won't get the 3D view. Wonder if I can take a picture through the glasses they give...

Anyway, rested the remainder of the afternoon, did a load of laundry, the dishes and made dinner. Phew! Hubby is giving the kiddos a bath and then putting them to bed for me. He's such a good guy. Overall, I had a good day and didn't even *knock on wood* have a headache today! I hope I didn't jinx it, cuz I would like to sleep w/o the tylenol pm. Maybe if I need it, I'll just take the tylenol. But hopefully I won't need it. Just nice restful sleep. :)

Oh and I wanted to mention since I haven't said anything in awhile...I'm drinking normally during the day, but am still extra thirsty at night. I found this and am wondering if it's because everything is still "sleeping" :
Other symptoms can occur when the adrenals are not functioning properly. Because the level of aldosterone can also drop in adrenal fatigue, some patients suffer from increasing thirst and a sense of constant dehydration. They complain that they have weak or hyperactive bladders that need to be emptied more and more often. They may also develop a tendency to get lightheaded or weak at times. This is because with less aldosterone, the kidneys will excrete water from the body faster and this leads to increased urination, lowered blood pressure, and increased thirst.
Not sure tho...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making progress with the caffeine habit!
That paragraph explains my situation perfectly....I didn't realize the low aldosterone could cause the thirst. My thirst was really fierce for about a month after surgery, but it has abated since then. But the frequent urination and low bp are here to stay, I'm afraid. Are you taking Florinef? That does help.