I don't like (whatever day it is). That's what my daughter says when she has a bad day. So far she doesn't like Monday's, Tuesday's, and Saturday's. All because there was something that happened during the day to make her not like it. She forgets the next week which days she hated, so she just starts all over. hehe!
So today is a day I don't like. I did something today that I'm a little ashamed of. I had a panic attack. Hear the story before you say it's no big deal. . .
I had given my son pretzels and cheese after lunch. I know he still has a slight allergy to cheese, but wasn't thinking. He ate them all and then a half hr later we went to the movies. We were going to see that new Star Wars movie. We got our popcorn & drinks and sat down. After eating some of the popcorn, my son started to feel ill. I automatically assumed it was the cheese and that he may puke. I remember going to a movie last year where a child puked all over and it just stunk up the whole theatre. I didn't want that to happen. So I freaked out and decided we had to leave. He didn't put up a fight, so I KNOW he didn't feel well. But both him and his sister were not happy.
As it turns out, he had a gas bubble from drinking the soda too fast. He let some burps out and then was fine. So we missed the movie for nothing. :( I felt so bad. My son actually told me to go to my room - which is what I did. (I was so stressed out from thinking he was going to puke, I needed to calm down myself! hehe!) I just felt so bad. So we may try to go again tomorrow...
I hate what this disease has done to me. I never really worried about the kids getting sick or allergy attacks. It just happened and I dealt with it. Now I seem to worry about this stuff. I was hoping surgery would just make it go away, but it didn't. Not fully anyway. I hate seeing my kiddos sick and always think the worst. :( Hopefully these lil' attacks are few and far between tho... *sigh*
Other than that, I had an ok day. I didn't get up til about 10am. Didn't feel up for a big breakfast, which I felt bad about, cuz hubby made pancakes for everyone. I just wanted a small bowl of cereal tho. I wasn't hungry for lunch, but did eat some cheesesticks. After we came home from the movies, I took some Tylenol for a slight headache I had. Then we went outside to kick the ball around with the kids. I strayed off to pick some weeds out of our garden. But every time I bent over and then stood up, I got dizzy and light headed. It wasn't just one or two times, but quite a few. I finally decided I'd had enough and went inside to rest.
I had dinner and rested the remainder of the evening. I've felt fine too. Tired as usual. I'll be off to bed here soon and hopefully a good night's rest will reset my body. . .
1 comment:
Hey Kay,
Don't feel bad. If I thought (with good reason, that you had) that my kid was going to puke during the middle of a movie, I'd be outta there - fast! You know it's one of those things that if you'd stayed, he probably would of puked!
Sounds like you're doing pretty good. I hope it continues.
Judy
Post a Comment