Friday, August 8, 2008

Finally feeling better

Wow. It was a rough couple days. Thanks to those that have given me advice on this whole weaning thing. I never did go back up in dose - even the small increments, as I felt I was still able to function fairly normally. I know it could've gotten worse, but thankfully it didn't. I feel like I need to feel the symptoms to know my body is still needing these meds. Wednesday was the worst, yesterday wasn't as bad and today is better. This wean definitely hit me worse than all the others so far. Definitely makes me feel good to know that tho. I don't get any blood tests until I go back out to Seattle in Sept. So at least I will know this dose is good for me til then. Small dose weaning will definitely follow if needed/recommended from here on out tho.

I was going to go back and fix my post from Wednesday and decided I better not. But did want to add a few other odd symptoms I've been feeling - which I meant to add, but was too fogged out to list it. . . I have to explain one thing first. I had a fender bender in 1998 and the back of my right knee cap shattered. I had it fixed surgically. It swelled up every now and then, but for the last few years I haven't felt anything. I just figured it was fine. Well lately, it's swelled back up again and aches! I guess all the steroids in my body has been hiding it. Similar thing - my TMJ in my jaw is also acting up again. I was doing good chewing gum for the last few years and now I can't have it or my jaw just aches. Weird eh? Good sign too I hope...

Back to my daily updates tho. Yesterday, I ate, drank and slept ok. I still had the headache, but took some excedrin to help. My muscles still ached, but I think it was still leftovers from my beach adventure. The wean may have just accentuated the aching fact. I still had somewhat of a tummy ache last night, but thankfully it didn't last long.

I slept like a ROCK last night. I did sleep in a bit this morning, but so did the kids, so hubby wasn't able to get them breakfast before leaving for work. So I let them watch tv for a little while so I could rest a little longer. But by 9:15, they were gettin' hungry, so I had to get up. We all ate a nice cereal breakfast. We rested the rest of the morning. I did the dishes, some laundry and picking up. Then I decided to take the kiddos out to eat for lunch and to B&N to get some books. Did ok while I was out and about thankfully!

Came home and rested again. We ended up going out to eat for dinner too since neither hubby or I wanted to cook. My tummy still wasn't feeling so good, so I had a small dinner. I actually only drank 1 1/2 cups of soda too. That was a first since I've been so thirsty for so long. Thank goodness tho!! DI is just not fun. Home and resting now and off to bed soon. It's amazing how quickly I get tired in the evening now. I remember being up for hrs and now around 7pm I can feel the exhaustion coming on. So many changes. . . I just hope they are all good signs!

No comments: