Ok, I realized my days were consumed by quite a large amount of caffeine. If it wasn't the Pepsi or Coca Cola, it was the Excedrin or some form of chocolate. So today I decided I needed to lay off. So here's how the day went. . .
I woke up around 9am. Came downstairs, fed myself and the kiddos (as they had slept in a little later than usual too!). I was tired so I sat in my chair and the kids and I watched a movie and then I watched them playing Wii. Fun fun. After that we got up to do our "chores" which consisted of making our bed, getting dressed and brushing our teeth. More fun fun. They have this thing about having a hard time deciding what to wear. So I get something out. They both say that's NOT what they want to wear! Fight #1 ensues. We argue and in the end, they pick out what they want anyway. I needed a shower to calm myself down. How do I let them work me up so??
After that, I decided the kids rooms needed "tidying." So we started with my son's. He was NOT happy. Fight #2 ensues. "Why do I have to do it now? It will take forever! Can't you or sissy help???" OMG. Literally falling down yelling and screaming. I finally have to call my hubby. He talks to our "angel" and sets him straight. Back to the room he goes where he starts to clean up. (How my hubby can do that and over the phone no less!! Grrr....) And somehow in the midst of it all, my son manages to talk his sister into helping. God bless her.
Now I have a headache tho. I've over exceeded my emotional limit. I crave a nice can of Pepsi. But I don't do it. I grab two tylenol instead. Then I make lunch for us all. Thankfully that went smoothly.
I go back to my chair and watch my soap opera. The kids are playing in the other room nicely it seems. But not for long. They start teasing each other, picking on each other, throwing things at each other. . . I swear I'm not going to get involved. Til.... my daughter gets hurt. He got her whipping one of his dolls around and the plastic eye hit her pretty good in the forehead. I tell my son he needs a breathing break. He starts his tantrum telling me what a horrible mother I am. Fight #3 ensues. He knows how to hit each and every one of my buttons and for some reason I feel the need to fight back. HE'S SIX!! Ugh. I know this, yet I can't stop myself. Then in the end it makes me feel like a horrible parent. *sigh*
After we all eat dinner, we sat down to watch Return of the Jedi. And who does my son want to sit next to? Me or hubby...? ME!? Can you believe it? After making me feel so awful all day, he did end it right. Though hubby put them to bed and I heard our sweet lil' angel getting into trouble again. But I stayed out of it and let hubby deal with it. Not my fight this time.
My headache did go away, but it's back - albeit mildly. It's been an emotional day and probably not the best day to go caffeine free. But I made it through day one...
No comments:
Post a Comment