I have STREP THROAT!! Can you believe it?? My kiddos aren't even in school yet!! I'm in for a long school year, I can tell ya that.
When I went in for my docs appt yesterday, my doc walked in the room and just knew I had strep. He said he could just tell. Sure enough, the quick test they do came back positive. I couldn't believe it. So of course he put me on an antibiotic. I managed - barely - to get my son to and from his karate lesson. I picked up my antibiotic from the pharmacy and then got home and crashed. I could not do anything. I called hubby and begged him to come home, cuz I didn't even have any energy to even make the kids dinner. :( Thankfully he did. He cooked dinner for us and the kiddos. Chicken noodle soup...just what the doctor ordered. I didn't eat much as I just wasn't feeling good. I ended up going to bed with the kids at 8:30pm. I think I actually fell asleep before them too. I woke up at around 2am in pain and ended up taking some Tylenol PM. That got me through the rest of the night.
I woke up this morning took my hydro, took my antibiotic and some advil. My neck and shoulder were still aching and stiff!! I finally called my chiro and told him I had to see him today. (I had made an appt for next Wed, but this was bad enough, he needed to help me now!) He tried to work out my neck and back and said my neck was really inflamed. :( He put me on the electric stim machine for 15 min and then told me to go home and ice it all day today. It hurts as bad as my throat does, as sad as that is. I can barely move my head left or right and I can barely drink/swallow. Poor me I know.
Funny thing is, yesterday I went to lay down before we all went to my docs and my son came to feel my head. He said "mom. You are hot, you definitely have a fever." LOL Then he calls his sister over and tells her to feel. She says, "Oh yeah, a big fever." hehehehe! My kids knew I was really sick before me! Doc said I did indeed have a fever of 100.3. Good thing I have my kids to take care of me. Sad, but funny and definitely true.
My fever is gone though and now I'm just resting in my chair. I'll be here and not moving much the rest of the day and waiting excitedly til my hubby comes home. So much for having a good labor day weekend. Happy 12 weeks to me...
1 comment:
Hi, Kay. I'm so sorry you are sick. Your body will use up your hydro faster when you are ill, so you may have to add a little. I've found when my neck and shoulders hurt, it's from needing hydro more than being sick.
I sure hope the antibiotic kicks in soon and you get to feeling better!
Hugs
Post a Comment