Saturday, July 26, 2008

Wean day : #6

Slept ok last night. If it wasn't for the fact that I get soooo thirsty right before bed and have to drink so much water, I might not have gotten so bloated and gotten a gas bubble (or something just as painful) that made it difficult to GO to bed. *sigh* I slept on my stomach for half the night in order to push that bubble out of my stomach where it was hurting pretty badly. Thankfully it did go away tho. I was restless the rest of the night worrying about going to the in-laws. This was the first time since before I went to surgery that I was being with the whole family plus some. I know how I got pre-surgery, so I wasn't sure how I'd handle it post surgery. No one quite understands this disease let alone how I feel after the fact. I know a lot of them try to understand, but it's taken me a lot to understand all this, how can I expect them to. In any case. . .

Woke up at 7am and couldn't go back to sleep. Took my dose at 8am and then we all came downstairs for breakfast. I ate half a bagel with butter and drank some gatorade. I took a shower and got dressed. I decided I was going to try to go to the in laws. So we left around 10:30am. I took a bottle of water and a Pepsi with me, just to tide me over.

We got there and I was doing ok. But seeing the kids swimming in the pool w/o floaties and worrying about that was stressful. I knew they were ok, lots of people were watching them, but I still was worried in my own "mom" way. Then dealing with all the family, telling them I wasn't hungry (nausea was kicking in) and just feeling overwhelmed with everyone around. I don't know why I was feeling like this exactly, just that I was.

Hubby could see I needed to go lay down somewhere else. So he took me inside and I sat in a recliner. I planned on just chilling out and listening to my ipod. But as it turns out, I napped for over an hour. Guess my body DID need some down time. I felt bad that I wasn't social. But I had a headache prior to laying down and that nap totally made it go away. (Well that and some Excedrin. hehe!) I managed to enjoy the last 1/2 hr of the party. Took my ONE pill for my second dose of the day before we left.

Then we went to my MIL's house where the kids played in the hot tub. We stayed there for about an hour and then we met my FIL for dinner. We went to Olive Garden where I guess my hunger finally kicked in and I ate quite a bit! Felt ok (but full!) once we left and I made it home w/o any issues. Managed to get the kids showered and in bed and then I plopped myself in my chair. I have a slight headache and I'm tired. I will be off to bed here soon. So far this wean is off to an ok start. Hopefully it continues...

No comments: