I slept well again last night. Actually went to bed and pretty much fell right asleep! That's been nice! Got up at 9am as well. Felt ok with a very mild headache. I'm eating ok and drinking a little less than in the last week.
I actually showed my mom I could do a bit more since she is leaving tomorrow. I drove for the first time today too and did ok. The heat and humidity got to me a bit and made me woozy and weak, but otherwise I managed just fine. We went to the post office - where I went in and sent off some letters and a package while mom and kids stayed in the car; and then to the UPS store, where my mom took some boxes in and I stayed in the car with the kids. Then we went to lunch and then to the grocery store. I felt lightheaded, which again I think is from the heat, but overall just fine.
While I'm nervous about doing all the basic stuff on my own, I think I'll be ok. It has been 6 weeks since surgery and I DO have to get back to the grind. I know I've taken all this help for granted somewhat and now I have to get back to taking care of my family. Hubby and I have worked out a weaning schedule, so I can wean on the weekends - like Friday - and then deal with any major symptoms while he's here to help take care of the kids. Then the rest of the week I should be ok to deal with the kids and do my housework. We'll see how that works out.
I also got my date to go back to Seattle for a checkup. September 15th. Once I get to just 20mg one time a day, I'll stay on that dose til I go to Seattle. They'll do a special test to see if my body is producing any cortisol on it's own. If it's not, I'm to continue on the 20mg of hydrocortisone indefinitely. If my body does show it's making cortisol, I can wean down off the 20mg- tho even more slowly than now. By 2.5mg instead of by 10mg. Part of me hopes I'm not making cortisol yet, as that's more likely of a cure. But like I mentioned yesterday, I haven't had this disease as long as some people I know so maybe me producing cortisol is ok for me?! I don't know. I just know I want to be cured from this. It's hard not to worry. . .
In any case, I'm doing fine and I'm helping my mom pack up her stuff and am gonna spend the last couple hrs tonight hanging out with her. She's been such a great help these last 6 weeks. I couldn't have gotten through it w/o her. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment