Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tiring and emotional day

I slept fairly well last night. Felt a few more symptoms overnight - wooziness and disoriented, but otherwise I got a good nights sleep. Got up at 8am to spend the last remaining hrs with my mom. We got a few pictures of her with the kids and I.

We all decided to take her to the airport instead of staying home. It's about an hr drive there. The ride down there wasn't too bad. It got quite emotional once we dropped her off. For me more than the kids. The kids will realize how much they miss her later in the week when they are stuck at home cuz mom's too tired or not feeling well to take them anywhere. hehe! But I was missing my security blanket. She knows what I have been through in the last month and really is the only one that I feel truly understands. I know hubby and others think they understand, but just not like my mom. And I know I took advantage of my mom being here and letting me rest and not doing my housework or being on top of the kids. I'm so lucky she was able to stay as long as she did... But now it's back to the grind. So I can't help be a bit sad.

So I cried a bit on the way home. Right up until we hit a major traffic jam. Turns out there was an accident miles up ahead. So we had to keep the air conditioner at a minimum so we didn't overheat the car in the 100 degree weather we were having while just sitting in bumper to bumper traffic. So between that and the crying, my head was pounding! We did eventually stop for lunch and I took my afternoon dose along with some Excedrin.

Nothing seem to touch the headache though. We finally got home and I got soooo tired. Hubby got me an ice pack and I laid down on the couch for a minute and the next minute I was asleep. Slept for about an hour and a half. That helped my headache tho. It's not gone completely, but not as pounding as it was. I think I have just overdone it a bit today and it's how my body makes up for it. I'm just resting the rest of the day. Not even very hungry for dinner. I'll probably eat some cereal later and try to get to bed fairly early tonight. Assuming I can sleep after taking a nap. Guess we'll see.

No comments: