Thursday, July 17, 2008

I made it!

I made it through the night w/o any major issues! I had a pretty bad headache going to bed, but nothing some tylenol PM and an icepack couldn't help. I slept like a baby surprisingly enough too! I only got up once to use the bathroom. It was nice!! I did sleep in late like usual - got up around 10:30am. I had another mild headache and felt woozy and lightheaded, but otherwise ok considering! I didn't know whether to be happy or worried.

Like someone who's had a major disease or illness and the doctor tells them they need to go 3 to 5 years or more to know if they have a cure or if their illness will recur - this is about the same thing. That worry that this disease isn't gone is always going to be there. Especially so early after surgery. It's a double edged sword. I don't want to feel bad, but at the same time I do - so I know that I'm still weaning from the cortisol and my body isn't making any extra.

I wonder if I'll recover quicker than some though because I feel I've only had this disease for the last 2-3 years. Will my body just go back to normal? Nobody knows...not even the doctors. Only time will tell. That is what is so scary. But I'm thinking positive because I AM having symptoms and I do NOT feel good. So for now, it's all good.

I'm not eating a lot as nothing sounds good and my drinking has been less than it has been. I have a headache that's not really going away and I still feel woozy. Nothing traumatic, but symptomatic nonetheless.. :D

We went out to dinner to Tuesdays and I usually get the crab lump burger. But that just didn't sound appetizing. Nothing on the menu did. I ended up getting some chicken fingers and mashed potatoes. Didn't eat them all, but still. Drank 2 cups of soda and a half a cup of water. So that wasn't too bad. Felt weak, but made it through dinner and back home to my chair. I am soooo tired. . .

No comments: