Thursday, July 31, 2008

To wean or not to wean. . .

I slept great again last night and for the first time in a week or so, after taking my 8am dose I fell back asleep. I mean I was out. I woke up a little after 10am. Thankfully the kids were doing well on their own downstairs watching a movie. Hubby had fed them breakfast before he left for work, so they were ok there too. But geez. I don't know why that happens some days and not others. My body just needed that extra rest I guess.

I ate ok for breakfast, didn't feel up to having lunch and ate an ok dinner. I'm starting to think the DI or what was left of it, is finally ceasing. I just don't feel as thirsty anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm still drinking more than I did pre-op, but it's definitely dwindling. I don't feel like I have to carry a bottle of water with me when I go out.

We took a walk again tonight and I made the whole trek. I was beat and my muscles were aching, but I did it and I felt good about it. I need to do that. Get this body back in shape! Otherwise I felt ok today. A little loopy and I had a slight headache, but nothing that a can of Coca Cola couldn't help. So that's where the decision to wean again comes in. I'm still having these little symptoms. But are they enough to postpone weaning? I dunno. It's not like I'm in a rush. I don't see Dr. L until September, so I have to stay on the 20mg anyway. So why rush the last wean down to 20? But then I have longer to get used to it and maybe feel "normal" for a little while w/o out all the ups and downs of weaning. That would be nice. Ahhh decisions decisions. . .

No comments: