Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Slacking. . . and not just in the morning!

I start to feel better and I slack off on my blog. Sorry about that! I've been feeling ok the last two days. Sleeping ok, eating ok, and still drinking/peeing quite a bit. I got up at 10am on Monday and I made myself get up after I took my 8am dose this morning. I came downstairs and I went to get a drink from the fridge. But my mind was a bit foggy/disoriented and I reached a couple times to try to open the fridge before I finally opened it. It was weird. Then I went back to my chair, wrapped my blanket around me and sat with the kids to watch tv. I didn't think I would actually fall back asleep - but I did. I actually did! I couldn't believe it.

This wasn't like I was just tired and needed more rest sleep. This is just like my body is not awake and functioning and it needs to shut down to recoup. My daughter had an issue in the bathroom and I was able to get up and help, but then went back to my chair and FELL BACK ASLEEP. I slept til 10am when I finally forced myself to really wake up. I ate some breakfast and then went to take a shower. I felt much better after that. Mornings are tough tho!!

The rest of the time has been fairly uneventful. Monday I went "shopping" for the first time. Mom, the kids and I walked around Target for a little while. I did ok, but was feeling weak after awhile. But was fine. The heat and humidity are tough and make me weak, but otherwise I deal as best as I can. Today I had one of my best friends over with her kiddos and we had a "playdate" with the kids. They had a great time. I felt pretty good the whole time she was here.

So now that my body has adjusted, it's time to wean again. So tomorrow I'm weaning down to 20/20. No evening dose. I don't know if it will hit me until sometime after 9pm. The hydrocortisone remains in your body for about 6 hours. So I will move my afternoon dose from 2pm to 3pm. So that's why around 9pm or thereafter my body is gonna start reacting to not having it's evening dose. I pray I can sleep tomorrow night. But I will enjoy my sleep tonight and try not to worry about it til tomorrow. Easier said than done tho.

No comments: