Thursday, July 24, 2008

Riding out the waves

I had a rough night last night. One horrible case of the runs does NOT make me feel good. Not sure if it was something I ate, but it was bad. Then I had a hard time sleeping. I got myself all anxiety ridden about stupid stuff. Was I gaining weight, were the kids ok, was I stressing myself and making my cortisol levels higher. It was one crazy brain ride last night. I would talk myself down from it's own craziness and fall back asleep, but it wasn't a restful sleep. I got up at 8am even after not really falling asleep last night until after 2am.

Haven't really been productive today as far as housework. Did the dishes and a load a laundry. That's it. I had one of my other best friends over with her twins to give the kids a playdate. It was fun and great to have someone else to talk to. But I am tired now. My head feels like it's swimming and I could go take a nap. Not sure if it's just cuz I'm tired from last night or if I've overdone it. Something tells me it's just cuz of last night, since I've really done nothing today.

Still not eating much, limited appetite and my thirst is still dwindling. It seems to still kick in more at night, but it's still getting less and less each day. Even after a horrible night, I still woke up with a full glass of water this morning. Which is a first. I always finish the cup by morning. So I'm seeing changes slowly. Hoping it's all a good sign.

We ordered pizza for dinner and then took a walk around the block. Well hubby & the kids went AROUND the block, I went to the end of the street and back. That's all I could muster. I'm resting in my chair for the rest of the evening.

No comments: