Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's JULY already and I'm 4 weeks post op!

I swear this year has just flown by. I went to Camp Cushie in February hoping to find out what was wrong with me after local docs had given up on me; and in a week I did and was planning for surgery. Because we were going to Disney in May, I had postponed the surgery til June, which seemed so far away at the time. I should know better, that the time passes before you know it. And here I am 4 weeks postop and in the process of weaning off the steroids for good.

Anyway, I didn't sleep much at all last night. I was very restless. Tossing and turning. But I decided to just GET UP this morning after my 8am dose. Still no big symptoms since I went down yesterday. I was actually somewhat bloated last night and I found one pimple on my arm. So again the fear that this surgery might not have worked is on my mind. I also wonder how my menstrual cycle affects all this, as this would be the week I'd have it. Except I don't. Maybe I'm getting the symptoms, just not the actual thing. Who knows. I need to stop overthinking all this.

I'm exhausted though and I'm hoping that will lead to a good nights sleep tonight. We did get out today to take hubby to the train station. And I went in all by myself in the post office to drop off a package for hubby. Still felt fine, albeit weak and just tired. I still feel like I can't even walk around much. Like if I did, I would pass out. But I have yet to push myself to that point, so I don't know WHAT would happen. Gah!

Still eating and drinking ok. I do have a mild headache, but I think it's more from being tired than an actual withdrawal symptom. I took an excedrin late this afternoon to help as I couldn't take it anymore.

And I decided to suck it up tonight and go out to dinner for the first time since surgery with my family. Not far, just around the corner to the local pizza joint. Wasn't in the mood for pizza, just had a small sandwich. I felt woozy and lightheaded the whole time, but I did it and made it home w/o any issues. Plopped myself in my chair and have stayed put there. I am off to bed as soon as the kiddos are down. I'm just exhausted. Pray that I sleep well tonight!

But I'm 4 weeks postop today and still counting. . .

No comments: