
I hope everyone had a happy 4th! As I type this, the kids, mom and hubby are out at the movies watching that new Disney movie W.A.L.L. E. Fun fun. I am sitting and resting. Last night and today has been a little trying.
I slept pretty good last night, but did get up to go to the bathroom a couple times. My last time, around 4am I had a hard time getting up to go to the bathroom. I didn't feel good at all. I had the shakes, was burning hot, lightheaded, dizzy, queasy and barely made it to the potty to pee. And when I was done, it took me what seemed like 10 minutes to be able to stand back up and get back to bed. Like my mind and body just weren't quite connected. I took some deep breaths and tried to let my body work it out, but it was scary. I got to bed and fell right back asleep, then woke up to my alarm again at 8am. I still didn't feel quite right, but was better. I took my 8am dose and fell back asleep til 11am. I got up after that and came right downstairs. I decided to save my shower for later and go eat breakfast. Hubby made me some oatmeal which was wonderful.
At 2pm, hubby handed me my dose of two pills (each pill is 10mg). As you know, I'm supposed to be on 30mg in the morning, 20mg in the afternoon and 20mg at night. Well I noticed that the pills were different sizes. I thought that was odd!
So I looked at them and one was one number and the other was different. I looked at the pill container and noticed it should've been only the one number. I looked online to see what the other number was and was SHOCKED to learn it was only a 5 mg pill!!!! I have no idea what level I've been taking the last week and half, since I filled that script!!! I never noticed before today!!!
So that's why I have been going back and forth from feeling totally crappy to totally fine! I've been taking anywhere between 35mg to 70mg each day?!?!? I was questioning myself on weaning down again because I just haven't felt good. I'm glad I didn't. I don't think I've gotten down to 35mg, cuz I think that would make me feel REALLY crappy, but who knows for sure.
Hubby reemed the head pharmacist a new one! She gave me back the correct pills that I was missing, gave back our copay for this script and said how sorry she was for the error. That's it.
I called my doctor to tell him what happened and he was beyond upset at such gross negligence. He's not one to cause issues, but he said this is unacceptable. In any case he's glad I didn't get adrenal insufficiency (which is where your body goes into severe withdrawal and could've sent me to the ER) and to get back to the 30/20/20 I was supposed to be on and wait more til I feel better before weaning. *sigh*
So I have no idea what dose I actually took this morning (or for the last week and a half for that matter). But I know I took the correct amount at 2pm and 8pm tonight. Hopefully my body will adjust quickly so I can get back to weaning. I swear if it's not one thing it's another. Grrr.. But thankfully it wasn't worse, cuz I know that could've been BAD.
In any case, I ate a small dinner. My hunger is gone, on top of having had the runs. My poor tummy is taking the brunt of this too. I'm on protonix - which is another med to help adjust all the acids in my stomach, but everything at this point affects it. I just eat my banana and drink my gatorade and that seems to help keep it all under control. I'm resting the rest of this evening and will watch the Macy's Fireworks Spectacular on tv. Happy 4th to me. But ya know what, if it means freedom from this disease, it really will be a happy 4th. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment