I had a follow-up ENT appt today at 11am to see if that nasty infection is still there, but thankfully it wasn't. I'm done with the antibiotic too. I'll probably still take the Tylenol Sinus because I still have some post nasal drip. She said that was normal in my case because I have a LOT of scar tissue in my sinuses blocking normal air flow. So even tho I'm not congested, I sound like it because of all the scar tissue in the way. I can't blow my nose right, because all the scar tissue blocks what's back in my sinuses. That's out my right nostril where they basically did the surgery from. My left one is fine.
Pre-op I had a slightly deviated septum to the left. Now post-op and due to all the scar tissue, I have a slightly deviated septum to the right. The scar tissue actually grew back and pulled my septum (which is the middle bone in your nose) to the right. Because my septem had been broken during the surgery, the scar tissue just grew back that way. So the ENT is suggesting we wait a few months to let this all heal and then they'll go back and get a CT of what my sinuses look like now. They will probably have to take me in for "day surgery" which is more like hour surgery, to just go in and clip out all the scar tissue, then pack it so I can breathe more freely again. Sucks. But otherwise, she said everything looked good and to just continue with the saline spray to keep things clean/moist.
Other than that, we w
ent out for lunch, then to the grocery store (where the kids and I stayed in the car) and then home. I did pretty good being out and about today. I actually ate a bigger dinner than I hav
e in awhile too. Guess I was hungry! Tonight are the fireworks for the 4th of July in our town and I'm going to try and go. I was going to wean again tomorrow - but have decided to postpone it until Saturday, since I had a rough day yesterday. I don't want to push this too hard and waiting one more day won't hurt. So normally I post later, but this is it for today. We'll let ya know how it goes tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment